No-one wins when the best public art ideas are abandoned – you, the client and most of all, the public.
I’ve worked with emerging and experienced public artists and seen winning proposals submitted to the Western Australian Government’s Percent for Art Scheme and private clients.
Sadly, I’ve also seen too many fantastic ideas rejected because they were presented in depressingly poor applications - or ruined in nervy, disorganised interview presentations.
Public Art Ache - OMG those applications and interviews is a professional development workshop offering genuine advice on writing powerful public art proposals and delivering a memorable and convincing interview.
Your idea might be the best and most exciting.
But, if you fail to impress the Selection Committee (the client, the architect and sometimes another two or three interested parties) – it’s over.
Give yourself a chance. Learn how to write powerful public art proposals and arrive prepared and confident when you’re shortlisted for the panel interview.
What you’ll receive
- Find out how successful and experienced public artists represent themselves when they respond to the Expression of Interest, Invitation and advertisement.
- Get the lowdown on how to be a great interviewee, and ways to impress the Selection Panel.
- Learn what to look for in the project brief, and how to highlight relevant details about your arts accomplishments.
- What you must ask the art coordinator or curator before you submit your proposal.
- Understand all those terms like Concept Design Submission and Indicative Project Timetable.
- Engage in peer discussions and ask for feedback.
- Hear where practitioners purchase their insurance policies - you'll need good, reliable coverage.
- Take home practical, relevant working documents that you'll refer to long after the workshop has finished.
- Yummy morning and afternoon tea, and lunch provided.
This workshop is about the first step – getting an interview and then being impressive in the interview. It does not cover what happens in the Design Development and subsequent Stages.
Secure your booking online now!
$350 per artist including gst
Saturday, 12 November 2016
9.30am to 4.00pm
Dome Café Maylands