Galleries are closing down left, right and centre. So, it’s never been more important to know exactly what’s required to be represented by the ones still delivering dynamic support.
Give yourself a chance. Learn how to be ready to meet a gallery director or art centre manager.(I’ll tell you exactly what galleries have been telling me).
Don’t want gallery representation - intending to go solo, hire a space and do it yourself? Come and learn really helpful hints.
Join me at Four Drop Dead Absolute Essentials for Artists. (What gallerists, funders, fans and your peers totally need) during the Victoria Park Centre for the Arts’ Art Season program.
What you’ll receive
In two action and information packed hours we’ll work through and exchange solutions on the following vital steps
- Practice and Priorities. How to make beautiful art while juggling life’s irritating responsibilities.
- making₁ + maRkETing₂ + mENTORing₃. The formula for success.
- Fake it till you make it! Be your own agent – behave like a gallerist, curator and arts manager (so you’ve got a better chance of being selected).
- Amazing! I saw your art at... Galleries promote and sell, but chances are you’ll probably need other outlets, too. Where, when and why to show your work.
- Peer discussions – engage with other artists and makers and ask for feedback
- Take home practical, relevant working documents that you’ll refer to long after the workshop has finished
- Morning tea provided
Four Drop Dead Absolute Essentials for Artists. (What gallerists, funders, fans and your peers totally need)
Victoria Park Centre for the Arts
12 Kent Street
East Victoria Park
12th April, 2017
10.30am to 1.00pm
$220 inc GST
Photo: Rhonda K